Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I've been finding B4's on the internet for relatively cheap for a 280HP Twin Turbo ($15,000-$5,000). http://english.auto.vl.ru/auctions/subaru/legacy_b4/ I've been considering trying to pick up a 99-01 and then federalizing, but am finding little information on how much it would cost. The other option, is to swap parts into a my SUS or a GT frame and transferring the body as well. Seems like alot of work, but if it would be cheaper, then... Has anybody already done this with success? I would NEVER live in CA so the emissions issue is of little importance. TIA.

legacy1.jpg

Bump

I say keep the CA emissions on it. What you get out of it (5hp) is so small for the labor involved that it is really not worth it. and CA is not the only place that is requiring CA emissions gear. Most of your densely populated areas are also asking for it, and those areas are expanding. I say put your efforts and money into some other mod that will give you better payback for the time and effort.