Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello,

First post in the 'New Generation of Subarus' forum.

I have a 1982 Leone RX Turbo Rally car at the moment but finding parts is begining to be a problem. I am thinking of building a 1990 Legacy RS rally car. Basically I want an affordable car I can have fun in without having problems finding parts. My question is on parts.

Are Legacy 4wd turbo and 4wd non-turbo drivetrain parts the same? as this would make finding parts very easy.

Are LSD easy available for Legacys or would you use impressa parts?

Any recommended changes to a Legacy to make a good rally car?

Thank you for help!

Regards

Hayden

Pretty much all the components between the turbo & non-turbo models are compatible. The turbo models did typically get some better goodies though. Not sure about overseas models, but in the states the turbo models got different gearing, better brakes, beefier transmission, etc.

I'm sure LSD's are around from the legacy, but you can use an impreza one as well, just need to match final drive ratios.

The legacy actually is a pretty decent rally car as is. Do the things needed to make the car safe and suspension/brakes....and you should be pretty good to go.

• 2 weeks later...