Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Tire Size question on 04 OutBack 2.5L , 4Cyl.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gsp4

gsp4

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 09:23 AM

I currenlty drive, 2004 OTB 2.5L, 4Cyl. 40,000KM with ORG All Season Tires 225/60R/16.

My fried has offered me Slightly Used Snow Tires 225/55R/16. I was thinking of getting used Rims and putting these on. Dealer said, it’s not recommended; it’s not the safest thing to do. Can someone shed some light on this?

Thanks,

GSP

#2 benebob

benebob

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 736 posts
  • Lancaster, PA

Posted 21 December 2005 - 10:13 AM

I currenlty drive, 2004 OTB 2.5L, 4Cyl. 40,000KM with ORG All Season Tires 225/60R/16.

My fried has offered me Slightly Used Snow Tires 225/55R/16. I was thinking of getting used Rims and putting these on. Dealer said, it’s not recommended; it’s not the safest thing to do. Can someone shed some light on this?

Thanks,

GSP

You'd be just fine but your odo would be off. Biggest problem I see is if the tires weren't rotated properly and don't have an acceptable small difference in circumference which is bad on an awd vehicle as the tires rotate at different speeds putting strain on the tranny.

On the other hand those are some pretty wide snows. Depending on where you live and all narrower would be better so it sinks rather than floats across the top of the snow. That said if they have the same circumf. and are cheap enough start shopping for rims!

#3 gsp4

gsp4

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 02:44 PM

Thanks for the INFO.

good day,

gsp

#4 Ranger83

Ranger83

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 740 posts
  • Northeast

Posted 23 December 2005 - 06:18 PM

If you go to the manufacturer's website you can usally find the exact rolling diameter to see if there is a difference.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users