Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1991 Legacy Knock sensor replacement

Help!

I have a 1991 Legacy turbo with engine codes 11, 13, and 22. I do not own a shop manual. Does any one know where I could get details to replace these sensors the codes indicate? Diagrams or any details would be appreciated.

dship

Check out my website:

www.surrealmirage.com/subaru

Notes & tips, engine related will have the info you want.

I'd suggest pulling the codes again, just to make sure, and then resetting the ECU. Drive the car around, see if you get the CEL blinking again, if so, pull the codes and see which ones are come up again.

I'd also suggest checking out www.bbs.legacycentral.org

I checked the site but it only tells about getting the code and what they are. I need direction in replacing knock sensor and the others.

Check out my website:

www.surrealmirage.com/subaru

Notes & tips, engine related will have the info you want.

I'd suggest pulling the codes again, just to make sure, and then resetting the ECU. Drive the car around, see if you get the CEL blinking again, if so, pull the codes and see which ones are come up again.

I'd also suggest checking out www.bbs.legacycentral.org

I checked the site but it only tells about getting the code and what they are. I need direction in replacing knock sensor and the others.

As I mentioned above, reset the ECU, and see what codes back before replacing anything. Some of the codes may not be actual problems.