Ultimate Subaru Message Board

We know who Juan Ruiz is now :) Server thread

you got me... but i could use a place to put some pics as i work on the hatch.. :D i dunno how ya run the server, or if your just leasing space on someone elses server, but if your runnin it yourself i bet i can donate a hard drive or 2. i got plenty layin in my storage room at work..

heck if ya did wanna run a server yourself, i got 3 of those sittin in my storage room, slated for the dumpster.. they all work great and have plenty of hard disk space..

well i have a:

Compaq prosignia 266, 256 ram.. and a couple drives...

the other one i might end up keeping..

Compaq Proliant 400mhz, 512 ram, and a bunch of drives..

the prosignia i can get rid of for sure.. works fine, would just need an OS installed.. it was used as a file server here at work, till the PS went out.. couldn't get a PS in less than a week so we replaced the server with a new one.. then bought the new PS for it..

hey brian, i found a 20 gig maxtor and a 15 gig maxtor . rest are 3 gig and under...

you can hav'em both for the shipping.. who knows you might end up havin something for my hatch down the road someday :D

far as the servers go... we're gonna keep the 400mhz for a spare at work.. the 266mhz is up for grabs... that mofo is heavy tho.. would prolyl be like $60+ for shipping... it wieghs as much as 2-3 desktops put together.. just so ya know..

so whichever of ya wants it is fine with me :headbang: