Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!
|Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.
We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!
Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!
Don't know where to put this. EA81T Brat and some suspension questions
Posted 23 March 2006 - 12:38 AM
1. Will the EA71 gen 1 struts fit into a gen 2? The look very similar but don't want to get it torn down and find out that they're not.
2. Will the automatic (3AT) in 4wd work like the manual tranny in RWD?
3. How do I crank down the rear torsion bars in the rear? I know there's a nut or a bolt er something but where will it be located on the Brat (sedan, remove the rear seat)? What size is it?
Hopefully gonna have some fun before we send her to the Subaru junkyard in the sky...
Posted 23 March 2006 - 01:50 AM
2. I doubt the rear output clutch pack can handle that much power.
3. There is a bolt that's located at about the center of the torsion bar on top of the triangle shaped section. It's probably set all the way down (turned ccw as far as it will go) which is the stock ride height. You may have to clock the torsion bar like they do to increase the lift but you'll want to rotate it in the opposite direction.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users