Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Front Left + Back Right speakers aren't working

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jutboy

Jutboy

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Connecticut

Posted 18 May 2006 - 07:31 PM

Hello all, I just got my stereo installed and working and much to my dismay I run into this problem. My Front Left + Back Right speakers aren't working.

I've checked my wiring multiple times (making sure my colors match up) and I tried testing with a 1.5v battery....it was wierd. I tried my front left one...nothing....tried my back right (which I knew was working) and it worked.....went back and tried my two broken ones nothing and then I went back to the back right....for the life of me I couldn't get it to static again :-\

Please Help - Any and all suggestions would be appreciated!!!

Jutboy

#2 Legacy777

Legacy777

• 12,584 posts
  • Houston, Tx

Posted 19 May 2006 - 11:22 AM

What exactly did you do? Just replace speakers, install a new head unit, etc?

Was the existing setup working properly?

#3 Jutboy

Jutboy

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Connecticut

Posted 19 May 2006 - 04:02 PM

-ignore-

#4 Jutboy

Jutboy

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Connecticut

Posted 19 May 2006 - 04:07 PM

hehe....it was late and I was pissed off.

Ok, I have a 95 Impreza L. The cd player/mp3 players is a V3 (a pretty generic brand I assume) and all I did was replace the stock tape player. I was told the tape player worked a while ago but nothing has worked since I got the car (two weeks ago).

It is hooked up to my stock speakers via a wiring harness that uses the standard color/speaker codes...this I soldered to the labeled wires they gave me which connects to the back of my unit....everything powers up fine and plays perfect except those two speakers.

#5 Legacy777

Legacy777

• 12,584 posts
  • Houston, Tx

Posted 20 May 2006 - 08:42 PM

Hmm....that's weird.

Are you using the battery directly at the speaker, or are you tapping into the wiring behind the head unit?

If you're using the wiring behind the head unit, it sounds like some wiring is screwed up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users