Ultimate Subaru Message Board

To those that have resealed their oil pumps.

Would anyone of you be able to send me a couple links to the right seals/gaskets etc. that is required to do it? I've been looking on www.thepartsbin.com and I think I have found the "mouse" gasket, but when I look for the oil pump seals, theres like 3 different o-rings? do I need them all? or what?

Gasket-- http://oem.thepartsbin.com/parts/thepartsbin/wizard.jsp?year=1993&make=SU&model=LOY-4WD-001&category=A&part=Oil%20Pump%20Gasket&dp=false

Seals??-- http://oem.thepartsbin.com/parts/thepartsbin/wizard.jsp?year=1993&make=SU&model=LOY-4WD-001&category=A&part=Oil%20Pump%20Seal&dp=false

Thanks

yes you need the gasket, the "mouse" style.

on the seals link you posted, there are three seals. you'll need the top two, not the bottom one. the top one is the oring that goes inside the pump housing. the second one is the seal on the outside of the oil pump, that the shaft goes through.

the last one is for the oil pick up tube in the oil pan. you do not want to bother with this one. firstly getting the oil pan off is annoying....and that's the easy part! no need to replace this one.

in all there are 3 parts needed for an oil pump reseal on an EA82. the o-ring, the mickey mouse gasket and the shaft seal.

on the ER27 (XT6) it's the same except it does not have the oring inside the pump housing.