Ultimate Subaru Message Board

RX is up and running again

harpua

well how is everyone? It's been a while since i last posted, so here i am, in all my glory.....or somthin

I finally found myself with enough energy to work on my cars again, so i jumped into fixing my '87 RX sedan. Last year i let my older brother borrow the RX, and he straight up trashed the poor girl. The only thing that stopped him from killing her was the fact that he crispy fried my clutch (not even a year old on a new install)

I started pulling the motor while on my crutches. That lasted about 2 seconds (yes i was on crutches again...more complications with the feets. look in Off Topic for that update). I dropped those things like a bad habit, and gimped my way through the clutch job. When everything was put back together, i tried to fire her up, but no go....lots of turning over, and then nothin'. So i checked my fuel lines to make sure i didn't swap them...while i had them off, just to check, i tried turning her over, and no fuel came out of the line. fuel pump crapped out on me. I had to wait for 2 weeks for my new pump to get here. (i'm in wyoming, and i guess they still carry the mail on horses....) It finally got here, and i had it on in just a few minutes. Broke 2 of the 3 mounting bolts for the fuel pump shelf :headbang:....but i cobbed it together good enough to drive for a day or two.

I am suprised every time a drive the RX. These cars are sooo fun its insane. I actually prefer to drive the RX next to my Impreza. and its even funner now that i have the 3.9 dual range instead of the 3.7.

Next on the list of things to do: fix the fuel pump shelf, new shocks and struts, replace the rusted out crossover pipe, fit the LSD under it again, and replace the drivers side fender (had the tread come off of a tire at 70 mph)

Oh and brad (aka subaru_styles) WTF man? since when did you start wearing depends? Yea i heard about you passing out like a freshmanwannabedrunkselloutcrybabymamma'sboy.....sissy

throw me a PM if you get a minute or two, tell me what your up to.

harpua

hey man, whats up. I am on the other side of the state, south of Jackson 70 miles. I am pretty sure that all of wyoming is isht hole. I guess this side has a bit better view than laramie. But laramie has the cool people.

What sort of parts do you got? I need new suspenstion...and the drivers side fender. But i could use a whole bunch of other stuff.

I am actually hoping to get over to laramie within a couple of months to visit my brother. I will most likley go to one of his shows, so if you want to go see some good music, you are more than welcome to tag along. Have you seen them before? the band name is Green Street Majority. They play at the buckhorn most often.

hey man, whats up. I am on the other side of the state, south of Jackson 70 miles. I am pretty sure that all of wyoming is isht hole. I guess this side has a bit better view than laramie. But laramie has the cool people.

What sort of parts do you got? I need new suspenstion...and the drivers side fender. But i could use a whole bunch of other stuff.

I am actually hoping to get over to laramie within a couple of months to visit my brother. I will most likley go to one of his shows, so if you want to go see some good music, you are more than welcome to tag along. Have you seen them before? the band name is Green Street Majority. They play at the buckhorn most often.

Yeha I think I've heard of them but I don't tend to frequent the Buck anymore. I got a whole rear suspension from an '85 GL-10 sedan in my shop, also has the fuel pump and whatnot attached to it. Got tons of intakes, engine pieces, suspension, etc. I don't have any body panels right now though... Let me know and I'll see what I can round up for you when you get here. Also, you can take a gander at my pile of an RX as well;)