Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Moving help Wanted from Milford to B'port CT first 2 weekends of May

Cool,and thanks!! Just stopped in quick,have to run to the Bluefish game....but I'll be doing the move probably in the late afternoon into the evening,depending on when I sleep.I'm starting new hours this week -midnight to 7AM :-\ so I'll have to play it by ear how I feel.I can see myself not adjusting this first week and just working hard because the sun is up and its springtime.Right now I also need to organize the new space a little better to make the move go smooth.

Hey,

Since I'm mentioned as the guy coming down from VT getting the roll bar, I wanted this to be my first post. Thanks Paul for the parts and encouragement to register here!

BTW, I've been an infrequent "lurker" here before registering, but so long as I have something to say, I'll say it. Paul assures me no spam, etc., too...

You'd be glad to know that the roll bar and the other EXCELLENT parts (that Paul was so graciously willing to part with!) are in good hands. Since 5/5, I've only begun derusting the bar, prepping it for some new drain holes (rather than the ones nature made...), and then a bit of filler and paint. Hoping to not need too much bed work in my BRAT to install it, but will see.

Anyway, whenever you're ready I'd be willing to help with moving the, ahem, storage(!) if I can get down there again when you need it. Otherwise, take care and good luck with it.

Hey,

Since I'm mentioned as the guy coming down from VT getting the roll bar, I wanted this to be my first post. Thanks Paul for the parts and encouragement to register here!

BTW, I've been an infrequent "lurker" here before registering, but so long as I have something to say, I'll say it. Paul assures me no spam, etc., too...

You'd be glad to know that the roll bar and the other EXCELLENT parts (that Paul was so graciously willing to part with!) are in good hands. Since 5/5, I've only begun derusting the bar, prepping it for some new drain holes (rather than the ones nature made...), and then a bit of filler and paint. Hoping to not need too much bed work in my BRAT to install it, but will see.

Anyway, whenever you're ready I'd be willing to help with moving the, ahem, storage(!) if I can get down there again when you need it. Otherwise, take care and good luck with it.

Dan,Welcome aboard!

Yup,uncovered some more EA81 stuff....you bring that big van of your down.:grin:

See you around.;)

Dan,Welcome aboard!

Yup,uncovered some more EA81 stuff....you bring that big van of your down.:grin:

See you around.;)

Sent you a PM, but just another thanks in advance of whichever weekend works out to come down again: :burnout: THANKS!:headbang:

Yeah, the van worked perfectly for the load last time...:banana:

Feel free to give a call, even at short notice, but you know how long my drive is... so short notice is all relative to that!

Later,

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone....you suck! :lol: :lol:

Actually,I don't blame you all for not making it by.You're all very busy and the gas prices limit our roadgoing activities these days.

But,you guys have missed out on lots of stuff already,just want to run this by you all one more time before I have it all moved myself.

I'm about 80% done!!!!!!!:banana:

If you can come by,help even a little or even just show up to browse through boxes of items I'm discarding you'd almost surely benefit if you own an EA81 or EA82 car.

There's just a few more loads of boxes and loose parts like rear diff's.,etc. that need to go over to the new location.

Still do need help with the large items like the chest freezer,washer,dryer,plow,my old Ducati,and a 15ft. mast-which I can probably lash down to the roof rack.

If you have time tomorrow-Sunday-let me know and maybe we can get together.

Still need to put up more shelving at the new location.So,if you want to help me out there that's a great help too.I have all my tools there so you don't even need to bring yours.Basic carpentry,sometimes just need a second set of hands.Going to try to use the rain sessions to do that work.There might be a shower later today.Or I'll get there in the evening and work when its cooler.

The new location should be really sweet once I have all the shelving up and make room up front for the '73 and hopefully one of the wagons too.

I really wish I could make it down! I do have time slated for essential repairs (!) this weekend, but not that much time to make the drive.

Do you have any new/descent boots for cv or steering rack? Just noticed mine are in need yesterday! Or even better, do you have any good front axles? Mine aren't clicking yet, but...

Send me a pm if there is anything worth shipping... I could make it worth your while!~

Cheers!~

I really wish I could make it down! I do have time slated for essential repairs (!) this weekend, but not that much time to make the drive.

Do you have any new/descent boots for cv or steering rack? Just noticed mine are in need yesterday! Or even better, do you have any good front axles? Mine aren't clicking yet, but...

Send me a pm if there is anything worth shipping... I could make it worth your while!~

Cheers!~

Dan,I'll check for you.No sweat,take your time getting down here if you need to.Charlie's stuff will probably be there a couple more months.

Parts to sell or toss will be set up front in the new storage bay so I'll be listing them as I can get to them.No problem shipping,but I am SLOW sometimes.:-\