Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need Exhaust Work Reference in Renton Area

I have a 1987 Gl Wagon 1.8 Turbo. It has an exhaust leak in the header pipe between the head and turbo. Any suggestion on where to have repaired for a decent price and good work? Would prefer not to use the chain stores. Anything around Renton or the Kent Auburn Valley or Covington, Issaquah, Maple Valley, or North Bend.

By the way, I called the dealer and they wanted $500 for the part!

Thanks

Callaway

If I had a welder and a place to do it, I could get it done for you. If you can find someone with a welder, that would be the cheapest way to go. Also, you might want to look into getting a couple new hoses while you have it apart. The coolant return hose that passes under the turbo and the oil return line that shoots from the bottom of the turbo into the head.

I have a 1987 Gl Wagon 1.8 Turbo. It has an exhaust leak in the header pipe between the head and turbo. Any suggestion on where to have repaired for a decent price and good work? Would prefer not to use the chain stores. Anything around Renton or the Kent Auburn Valley or Covington, Issaquah, Maple Valley, or North Bend.

By the way, I called the dealer and they wanted $500 for the part!

Thanks

Callaway

Contact Performance Exhaust in Pacific.

My buddy kevin works there, he will hook it up..tell them you know nick with the turbo mr2.