Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Wackum Deer!!!!

On my way into work this morning, driving the '86...

This was about 5:10 AM, full moon, back country road, 55 MPH. Saw a few Deer on the right, just milling about, was keeping an eye on them when WHAM. It came from the left, full out run across the road. Just had time to nail brakes and cut to the left. Didn't miss it.................

Not alot of sheetmetal damage, but still...... Lost PS headlights, the trim and marker light. Busted the side of the bumper plastic loose, folded the front corner of the fender abit. Ain't figured it all out yet, but the PS mirror got twisted fowards too. Took a bit of strong-arming it to get it back where it should be. Pulled all of the mounting screws for the trim pieces out of the plastic clips, or the clips got busted out of the metal they clip into.

Nailed Deer in the hind quarters, think it may have started to fall and I hit it in the rump. If I didn't break it's leg, it's got one helluva sore A$$ tonight. Just seem to recall it being awfull low to the ground as I was about to nail it. Must have flipped it and then it hit the mirror, dunno.

Got Deer poo all down the PS of the BRAT.

Got Deer hair all over the PS fender, mirror, side.

Not good on a White vehicle..............

No red stuff anywhere though, possibly better for the Deer that way....

No see Deer laying in ditch on way home, so don't know it's out come. Don't carry anything in BRAT to ummm, take care of animal that's been whacked, so I didn't go hunting for it after the encounter.......

I'll be posting an ad for some needed things to put the grill/trim work back together.