Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2002 Subaru Outback Front Bumper Damage

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bukowski8

bukowski8

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Caribou

Posted 30 October 2007 - 05:23 PM

Hi All,

I've had my 2002 Subaru Outback wagon for three years and love it. A minor fender bender left me needing a piece of the front bumper on the passenger side.

I've found plenty of bumpers for sale, but none of them seem to include the small piece of molding in which the trailer hitch went through - it looks like a separate piece. I've done quite a bit of searching online and have been unable to find a bumper that includes this piece or a place where I could purchase this piece separately. Does anyone know what this piece called or where I could purchase it separately or even where I could find a bumper that includes this piece?

Any help on this would be great appreciated!

Thank you!

Edited by ShawnW, 08 October 2010 - 01:05 PM.
Make more subtle.

#2 riggyrow

riggyrow

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Annapolis

Posted 31 October 2007 - 09:25 AM

If I'm thinking about the right piece...and I'm pretty sure I am (it's a rectangular-shaped cover that snaps into place, right?)...your local Subaru dealer's parts department should be able to order that for you. Have you checked there yet? They'll probably charge you an arm and a leg for it though, so I would go there only as a last resort (also, it won't be painted if you get it from the dealer, it will just be matte-black plastic).

#3 porcupine73

porcupine73

Obligate carnivore

• Members
  • 4,920 posts
  • Buffalo, NY

Posted 01 November 2007 - 10:20 AM

Posted Image

#4 nickb21

nickb21

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 558 posts
  • Hunterdon County

Posted 01 November 2007 - 11:03 AM

Yup, that would be the tow hook cover. I lost mine about a year ago when a truck tire smacked my front bumper.

I think the dealer wanted $130 or something insane for it... Good Luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users