Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Snow in CO, and new landrover

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 zyewdall

zyewdall

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 2,132 posts
  • Ward, CO

Posted 07 April 2009 - 07:09 PM

Pic of my ford sasquatch in some deep snow last weekend (about 14" that storm, and a few under that from previous).

First... the Justy. No go (snow flew up over the hood and buried the windshield :lol:Posted Image

Then came back Sunday with the Sasquatch - - was plowing a trough with the diffs, but it made it about a mile in to the house.

Posted Image

And... my new toy. 1967 Landrover series IIA 5 door 109"

Posted Image

Kind of missing some stuff -- engine, rear axle, etc.... But I'm putting a 5 cylinder mercededs turbodiesel in it, a Salisbury rear axle (Landrover's version of the Dana 60). 8,000lb winch on the front. Stuff like that. I got pics from the previous owner of it on trails around here
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

I decided I wanted something larger than the subaru that could carry more dogs (and people, but mostly dogs -- mine is 110lbs, and I often have a few others from the litter). And I've always liked the landrovers -- I learned to drive on a 1961 landrover.

#2 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,411 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 07 April 2009 - 09:58 PM

that is spectacular.very cool.would love to find one .cheers, brian

#3 zyewdall

zyewdall

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 2,132 posts
  • Ward, CO

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:57 AM

that is spectacular.very cool.would love to find one .cheers, brian

My dad lives just north of Spokane, but I don't think he's ready to sell his '61 yet -- wouldn't even give it to me :) It's all original, 36k miles, just needs some brake work and some wiring where the rats have chewed it up.

Z

#4 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,411 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 10 April 2009 - 07:45 AM

well, tell him i will trade him a 1954 willys wagon and my left arm:lol:...cheers, brain

My dad lives just north of Spokane, but I don't think he's ready to sell his '61 yet -- wouldn't even give it to me :) It's all original, 36k miles, just needs some brake work and some wiring where the rats have chewed it up.

Z

#5 SakoTGrimes

SakoTGrimes

Aint got no Subaru!

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • Grants Pass

Posted 25 June 2009 - 10:52 PM

Ford Courriers and OM617s FTW!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users