Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Storage shed

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Legacy777

Legacy777

• 12,747 posts
  • Houston, Tx

Posted 28 July 2009 - 11:02 AM

I have been thinking about getting something for a little while. I didn't have too much room to work with since I'm living in the city, but wanted to clear out some of the misc crap/clutter in the garage.

I wanted something about 4' x 3'. I looked at a couple, and the Suncast GS4000 seemed to fit the bill. I special ordered it from Lowes. I think it was around $219 or something, pretty reasonable. You can put shelving in it, and it snaps together very easily.

The patio area I put it slopes away from the house 1" per 48". So I ended up making some big shims out of 4x4's and mounted the base of the shed to the 4x4's and piece of plywood. Sawzall didn't work too well cutting the 4x4. I needed a bandsaw, but just made two cuts on either side with a skillsaw. :)

I also decided to bolt the shed to the wall since we get those pesky hurricanes every now and then in Houston. I've got four 1/2" lag bolts holding the thing into the wall. I've got a 2x4 sandwiched in there as a spacer which will air movement behind it, and keep moisture from getting out of hand.

Anyway, here's some pictures. I need to make some more shelving for it. It took much more time to build the base and secure it to the wall then it did to actually put the shed together :lol:

http://main.experien...es/storageshed/

It's really helped get some of the clutter out of the garage. I can actually see my walls.

#2 bheinen74

bheinen74

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • central Iowa

Posted 28 July 2009 - 02:51 PM

at least the snakes will stay out of it. :grin:

nice way to gain some extra space.

#3 Legacy777

Legacy777

• 12,747 posts
  • Houston, Tx

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:16 AM

We don't have too many snakes, however we do have frogs & lizards :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users