Ultimate Subaru Message Board

moving to Columbia,S.C.

Hey Sparky: I'm not in SC, but I am not too far away in Richmond VA. Good to have another USMBer on the east coast. Good luck on the drive and be careful. When you get here, let me know if you need anything, I have a small stash of parts.

I guess I haven't looked at meet-greet lately. It is always just northwest stuff anyway... :lol:

There are a few of us USMBers down here. But not loads. Especially the old gen owners like me as those cars were much less popular here (due to lack of snow?). I'm in Greenville, about 1.5 hours away.

I always wondered about you since you sold Bucky for grits :)

yummmm grits!!!.. My greatgrandmother ( who lived to be over 100) was a deep southern old belle... loved spending summers with her. I also have friends from Arkansas etc.

And dont get me started on Chicken fried steak and gravy...hehehehe

• 2 months later...

Come on down....could you bring a few low rust '84 wagon bodies with you?

I'm in Asheville, NC about 2 hours northwest of Columbia....got several good offroad areas in western NC.

LOTS of Subarus in these mountains, but ALL of them rusted by the road salt. I am always jealous of you NW guys.

I have been looking (on and off again) for a new 83/84 wagon body for years. I have 2 good drivetrains ('87 Hatch and '84 wagon) and a gnarly tire setup.

Welcome to the South.