Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New to here and Subarus

Well,not completely new to Subes,10 or so years ago,I owned an '88 GL sedan front wheel drive,LOL!

Anyways,I just found this site thru an online friend who's into tuning his cars after asking if he knew of any Sube forums/sites. I don't know if he's a member or not. It's been a while since I've tinkered with any 1:1 (real) cars/trucks,due to having been going thru the whole unable to work/cancelled CDL due to injuries/Disability-SSI thing this year...haven't had the extra income with only her working,LOL! So I'm Mr. Mom now,I guess :P

But,in 3-4 months,I'll be picking up a 1 ownwer '99 Outback Sport from my Grandma (who currently drives a sweet '06 OB Sport,and lives next to my uncle who drives an '09 OB Sport).

It's Silver on Grey (I'll go over to visit one day this week and shoot a couple pics),fully loaded with every option (cept leather),has the 2.2L/auto,about 75,000 miles,has always slept indoors,and has always been taken back to Subaru for servicing.

Besides that it's a well maintained,reasonably low milage 1 owner car,obviously I'm stoked about the whole AWD thing and winter-time around here. If you knew me,however,you'd know I can never leave things alone/stock for long,and I'm expecting our financial woes to be over by next Spring too...so I'm thinking I'd like to drop it lower an inch or two,and slap some bolt-ons (eg:exhaust/header,intake,air intake,chip,etc) with maybe a nice set of 18" wheels (it has the stock,16" steel wheels less hubcaps currently),and just enjoy driving/cruising it for next year,maybe get more serious with it once it's no longer "depended on for transportation". :grin:

Hi This is Jerry, old school your getting up there but i am older. At 53 i still remember gas at 19.9 per gallon and i could have bought a 57 chev convertable for 500.00 but i didn't have that much money. Old school yes i still use carbs, just wanted to say welcome to the board. Thanks Jerry

Thanks Bro :)

The hard times'll pass...we've known they were eventually coming since the accident back in 2001,so we were at least mentally prepared if not financially,LOL! The house only has about 6 years left to pay,her car's got 6 payments left,and everything else's paid for,so I ain't complaining,we've been blessed :)

Yeah,I'm really looking forward to it. I liked that car when she first bought it back in the Fall of '99,and when she gave it (free even) to my worthless cousin...at least he only had it a few months before gettin sent off for the next 8-12 years,and never had the chance to total it like all his other cars,LOL! :rolleyes: It should make a kool driver,but once I'm finally "on the draw" (what my Grandpa calls disability/SSI),things will get back to normal,and it'll be a project car then :grin: