Ultimate Subaru Message Board

windsheild squirters

pwjm

the PS one works pretty good, but the DS one barely makes it over the windshield wiper.

Do those nozzles come off or anything so I can replace it?

Also when its cold out the squirters tend to barely work at all. they have legit bug wash in them so they shouldn't be freezing, but does the motor that power the nozzles stop working in the cold after a while?

I believe they just come off pretty easy. But I am not sure, I have not done that myself. It just seems like they are slightly clogged. Right now it's about 10 outside, and my squiters work just fine, so I don't think the pump is the problem. I would check the squiters for clogs, and check the tubing for the system to make sure there isn't a blockage or something. That's all I got...

yup, they come off easily - pop your hood and take a look (if you have underhood insulation, you may need to move it out of the way)

pull the tubing off the squirters and give the pump a quick hit to make sure the lines are clear (if you have a plugged up line, it will show up when you do this - one will squirt hard, the other wont)

if both lines are clear, then the nozzle is the issue - a pair of needle nose pliers squeezing the base together from under hood should pop the nozzle out of its hole.

I replaced the ones on my old GL wagon with some cheepies that actually had LED's in them - never hooked up the wiring, but the washer nozzles worked fine. :grin:

oh, you may need to adjust the replacements so they hit the windshield right - a large safety pin works very well for this