Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Where the can I find one???

Some of you may remember my thread from last week complaining about the frozen guide pins on my calipers. I found a used set on this board, and I'm crossing my fingers that they show up today (thanks Grossgary!), but apparently one pin and boot is missing from the set. The dealership has a pin, no problem, but the boot has been a total pain to find. No parts stores or dealerships seem to have them around here (Denver), and the few websites selling them are super confusing.

Anyone have an extra kicking around, or know where I can pick one up in the Denver area? Or even just a part # to search for online?

To clarify, I've the got a '96 Legacy OBW 2.2 with dual piston calipers.

Thanks!

Wow, that's amazing how hard to get this boot has been.

What you want to do is avoid confusion by looking for EJ25 boots.

Yours is an oddball since it's the only EJ22 OBW ever offered and it was only offered one year, for manual trans only. Good chance of getting screwed up trying to find the right boot with that info.

Use 1997 or 1996 OBW EJ25 for looking up brake hardware for this as most/all of the EJ22's have a single piston set up.