Ultimate Subaru Message Board

TSF Sunday 12-27-09

TeamCF

Didn't know if I was gonna make this one or not. (had to con the Fiancée into riding into work this morning in the barely heated Soob so I could go)

But I made my way out to TSF and met up with a rock loving Sammi and a Unimog.

Ran around a bunch of trails and roads just kinda mucking about in the woods.

Was pretty icy out there with hard pack snow on most of the trails.

Didn't get a whole lot of action pics. I'll add more if those guys post any up on other boards. (their cameras were pointed at me a few times so I hope some good ones turn up.)

Now here's the strange part. Neither of them are new to wheeling. In fact they have been doing it so long they are a bit burnt out on it and the Sammi is possibly being sold next year for a daily driver wheeler. The Unimog is gonna get restored and treated a bit more gently.

The Sammi has a winch.

It got used twice today.

I never had it hooked to me.

We all ran the same exact trails, I skipped none. :grin:

(I wasn't gonna let a Unimog and some Spidertrax axle, 4 link having, dig using Samurai show my open diffed stock suspension Soob up!)

I also did not have to "hot rod it".

Just alot of good line picking. :)

Anyway a few pics.

R-Sammi.jpg

PL-MOG1.jpg

PL-MOG-Sammi1.jpg

Firebreak5-MOG1.jpg

The Mog coming up Firebreak 5

Firebreak5-Soob1.jpg

Me parked up near the top of Firebreak 5 while some winching went on down below. hehe

MOG-Soob.jpg

Awesome day though. Those were a couple cool guys to wheel with. I hope to get out there again before the Sammi (possibly) gets sold and the rocks are not covered in ice so I can see him put it through it's paces on Canopener or something.

Now THAT trail is not Soob friendly.

Wish we could have hit a few of the tighter trails. But, well, Unimog. :)

I don't think it would fit under the tree on Cedar Tree. :lol:

Got back to Portland in time to pick up the lady from work and head on home to Sandy for some Dragon rolls and wasabi.

Now for Scoobyclimbs to finish up the hatch and get ahold of Chaz for an all Soob trip to sand lake or something. :)

Oh man! :-\

you should have let me know you was going i could have gone. that looked like an awesome trip. awesome pictures too. i like uni-mogs alot, wish i could afford one. :slobber:

what have you done with your car? looks taller.

other then meeting up with cmiller the rest of my day was messed up and didn't go the way it was suppose to.

oh well maybe next time. yes i'm up for sand lake. i'll see if gary might want to go too. iam moving through out january but get ahold of me i may need to take a break.

oh btw i'm moving out above eagle fern park up in the george district between the base of wildcat and squaw mtn. :banana:

P.S. so what other board do you belong to other then the ones i know about?

Edited by chazmataz
to ask a question

I thought of giving you a call. I proly should have when I was picking up stuff for lunch in Hillsboro before I went out of cell range. As I had to wait around in the TSF staging area for about an hour for those guys anyway. (they were not even leaving thier houses till 9:30. I hit TSF about 9) Would have given you time to mobilize.

I know Gregg was still finishing up his EJ swap.

I've not done anything to it. I found a set of 26" all terrains for it. Had to special order them from Falken. My last tires were only about 24.5-25" So it got a bit of a boost.

I don't know if you'd seen it since I cut out the front fenders.

I'm really only officially on SORE4x4, and PNWBA. Oh, also on the Sand Lake forum. But it's mostly ATV guys there.

These guys were from the R/C rock crawler board I'm on. But I poke around on NAXJA, PNW 4x4's, And a few others. Alot of those guys cross over to different forums so I generaly end up always knowing someone in the group already. (yes I've "crashed" wheeling trips before. Just shown up like "Hey! I saw you guys were doing a run today, mind if I join?" :lol: Always turns out good and generaly get invited on the next one.) Or they end up mentioning it on a board I'm already on, get a PM, ect.

I just gotta start trying to let you guys know no matter how last minute it is. Just in case. :)

That'll be cool living up there. You'll really be gald you got Soobs in the winter. :)

Edited by TeamCF

I know the sami's driver and I've probably met the mogs owner, looks like fun.

Yeah, couple cool guys. The Sammi owner also has/had a Mog. This was the first time I've gotten to wheel with him in larger than 1/10th scale. :)

Was funny they were having a harder time than I did. But it was mainly a tire thing I think with all the ice and crap.

Yeah, Ryans a cool guy. Hopefully i'll get to make it out on a trail run eventually.

Heck yeah!

Keep up with what Ryan is doing. He posts on the R/C crawler board (ORCRC.com) for most of his 1:1 runs. So I'm gonna try to make it as much as I can.