Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Side glass interchange?

Can anyone enlighten me as to if the coupe and sedan front side glass "holders" (the part that holds the glass and connects it to the winder) are interchangeable? 2 cars and 4 holders and they are all rusted to pieces! (looks like a poor design that trapped water) I will probably end up fabricating new ones, but if the sedan ones are the same, I may have some options vs. coupe ones.

Mark

Yes the two door and the coupe have matching part numbers for the holders.

If you are not able to source the holders in the US (Although I assume you will) I do have a 1976 Coupe parts car. I have not actually checked the holders, however I doubt they will be very rusty, if at all.

They are yours if you want (and you pay for shipping :grin:).

Why must it cost so much to ship even light items from down under? :( I may still hit you up as it will probably cost about the same here if I have to pay for the part and add shipping onto that. Can you check if they are in good shape when you get a chance?

Mark

Why must it cost so much to ship even light items from down under? :( I may still hit you up as it will probably cost about the same here if I have to pay for the part and add shipping onto that. Can you check if they are in good shape when you get a chance?

Mark

I will try and have a look this weekend and let you know.

I have no idea if Gen 1 Brat window tracks will fit, but they are pretty common, and the doors are the same length as the Coupe doors. Also interesting, the Gen 1 Brat units appear to be the same as the Gen 2 Wagon/Sedan front door units..... Might look into it

-Bill

The Gen 1 Brat is basically a 'Stage 2' in terms of coupes or sedans and therefore has a completely different glass and window winder mechanism. Stage 2 door glass is actually much longer from top to bottom and goes deeper into the door than the stage 1.

I think it would take a lot of modification to fit stage 2 door glass and winder mechanisms into a stage 1, although I suppose it would be possible if you could source a stage 2 coupe (For Mark's situation in this thread).

Edited by Leeroy
extra information