Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Gettin' A New Engine For The 87 T-Wag

Yep. After having to deal with burning oil, persistent TOD, and oil leaks that just won't quit, I've decided to go ahead and get a new(er) long block for Murphy, the $500 87 T-Wag! Purchased it from Attarco in Sactown, CA for $450. They had the engine in stock and deliver for free to Fresno, so I figured I couldn't pass it up. I've bought several engines from them and all have been great.

If all goes well, I will be pulling the thing this week-end. If anyone wants a used engine for a project car or to rebuild, I'll sell it for $100 + shipping. It was also an imported engine and probably has 100,000 mi on it. I had a bad overheat on it a few summers ago, and that was when the persistent TOD started and oil consumption increased. That said, the engine runs fine but I just don't have the time to do the rebuild to get it back in shape.

Its good to know that i'm not the only Californian on here. I' am taking a few minutes away from my 2.2 swap at the moment.

Holy Cow! You are in Palmdale?!! That is a stone's throw away or a 20 minute drive from my current location. That is awesome. Too bad my old wagon couldn't make the trip. But I do have her distant cousin here('02 WRX wagon).

- Patrick