Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Trying to ID some rebuilt cylinder heads

These heads that we got into our wrecking yard arrived via a junk dodge van that we pikced up. In the back was 2 rebuilt heads for a subaru. We also picked up a subaru at this same location but it has no engine in it. Its a 1976 DL, M/T. I'm assuming that these heads were at one point and time for this subaru but I don't know. There's no casting numbers on these heads, only thing stamed on it is E71, not EA71 just E71. I'd like to get these ID'd so we can get them sold, I"m sure someone out there would like to get their hands on these. They pre-date anything I've got, and nearly pre-date me LOL.

When I look up heads for this subaru we got in, it asks a few questions, MT or AT, Federeal or California Emissions. I've got the MT part down, but unlike most vehicles this one doesn't have the tag under the hood that says This vehicle conforms to all federal and california emisssions. So I that sets me back a little further in getting this ID'd. Any help would be appreciated.

Well I may have finally found an answer to my own question. I was looking through the subaru stuff to sell and a post by nocashrider has pictures of the exact same heads, it was posted on 3/19/09. If anyone wants to look at the pics the post was titled "E71 heads valve job and machined ready to go on" as stated earlier its posted by nocashrider.

I'd rather sell these to someone in the USMB that to just anyone who calls in, so if someone wants these and can come up with a price they would be willing to pay for them, I won't put them in inventory yet, just let me know.