Ultimate Subaru Message Board

91 Loyale Wagon, Clock isn't working.

Anyone know what to do if the clock on the dash isn't working? I checked the fuses yesterday and they seem fine. The flashers work and whatever the other thing that is connected to that fuse. Do I just need to tear into the dash and find the cord or is there a easier way?

The clock is held in the dash with a couple plastic fingers on the sides. If you insert a thin blade knife on the right side and push gently toward the pass. side door it should pop out. The wires run down behind the radio. I have seen a couple threads on repairing clocks on here. If you search for them you should be able to find them. Mine was working funky so I pulled it out and threw it away and put 2 1.5 inch gauges in its place :lol:

Last year when I bought my 93 Wagon the clock wasn't working, and it didn't for twelve years, according to what I was told. The very same day I got the car, I removed the clock (by cutting the wires, cause I didn't find any connector), and there was a resistor completely burned and the soldering was melted, I tried resoldering and it is working fine since then, about a year ago.