Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Little help finishing up...

I'm almost done with the clutch/head gasket job, but I need some help with vacuum and heater hose. If anyone has pictures of an ea82T engine bay showing vacuum hose connections or just high res stuff that would be super, feel free to post up. Here's some of my own:

Do those two on the right side go together? Where does the one in the upper left go?

DSCN3165-1.jpg

Whats the black box in the red circle? The nipple snapped off of it, do I need to fix it or can I get rid of it? Does the metal line above it connect to it? Where do the ones in the yellow circle go?

DSCN3163-1.jpg

Does this one connect to the nipple under the intake coming out of the engine block?

DSCN3161-1.jpg

How about this one?

DSCN3160.jpg

I've made those connections so far with fuel injection line, the rest are vacuum connections correct? And I know theres one or two t's in there how do those go?

DSCN3159.jpg

Thats it for now, as always any help is much appreciated hopefully I can get this thing back on the road soon!

Does this one connect to the nipple under the intake coming out of the engine block?

DSCN3161-1.jpg

To answer your question, yes it needs to connect to the nipple under the intake. This one is a PITA. You needed to replace that one when the intake was off. What I ended up doing is connecting it and using zip ties to keep it on there, but if you grab a spring clamp and throw it on you will be ok. If you use a spring clamp you will be able to replace it down the road if need be :rolleyes:

I will take some pics of my ea82t this weekend if I have time...

Here's some I have already online that might help you...

The fatty gray tube with the white v connector is not suppose to be there. I removed it from when the previous owner installed it wrong :rolleyes: Keep that in mind, other than that this photo's should help you some...

IMG_0490.JPG

IMG_0491.JPG

IMG_0475.JPG

attachment.php?attachmentid=6942&d=1254339693

attachment.php?attachmentid=6943&d=1254339693

That's all I got right now. Hopefully that will help you some!

Do those two on the right side go together? Where does the one in the upper left go?

DSCN3165-1.jpg

The one in the upper left here is the fuel tank vent.

Whats the black box in the red circle? The nipple snapped off of it, do I need to fix it or can I get rid of it? Does the metal line above it connect to it? Where do the ones in the yellow circle go?

DSCN3163-1.jpg

The box is the evap solenoid. It's not nessecary unless you are needing to pass an emmisions inspection.

DSCN3161-1.jpg

Yes, under the intake. Lot's easier to get at with the intake off.

How about this one?

DSCN3160.jpg

The electrical sensor there is the Knock sensor. The big vent in the block is a PCV vent.