Ultimate Subaru Message Board

A/C question

-> Hello its me with a new EA82 question again. :)

-> This time, its an A/C question.

-> Its there anyway I can install a R134a A/C kit on my EA82 that doesn't come w/ an A/C system from the factory (R12)?

-> So far on LV craigslist, there is a '92 Legacy for $1,450. And at the same time, theres a guy who is willing to buy my wagon for $1,200.

-> What should I do!? Should I look for an A/C kit for my EA82 or should I replace my lovable wagon? :confused:

a legacy is superior to the EA82 in so many ways. but it's still a 20 year old vehicle,

it's hard to compare maintenance/condition. if the legacy has no maintenance history and ends up needing brakes, timing belt, water pump, tires etc then it may not be as comparable price wise.

you can install a/c into your EA82. you'd need all the parts from an EA82 with A/C and install them into yours. it'll be R12 so you convert it to 134 which is really easy, just need adapter that come in the standard conversion kits at the stores. costs $20 and takes 10 minutes. essentially "converting" just means installing the right kind of adapter so you can fill it with 134 because they have different fittings for charging.

but that's going to be a rather large job with lots of components if your EA82 never came with a/c. probably need a different heater core which means the dash has to come out?