Ultimate Subaru Message Board

How many Geoffery's can there really be???

So I started this new job 3 weeks ago with Wave Broadband, and we supply service all up & down washington, Oregon, California... doing tech support for internet, tv & phone. Well, i sit at a PC all day, and there is a bunch of programs we run to do our job... one of them is a chat room. So... this chat room only has other tech support techs, and most of them are in our headquarters near many of you, in Kirkland Washington.

I cant get into specifics on this chat room, but it lists everyone in it who is on shift, and we banter about whats going on & pick eachothers brain. Well, after going through this list a few days, I notice a Geoffery R....... and I cant help but associate him to the legendary GeofferyR of the USMB/PNWSEC/WCSS (the oldies will know what im talkin 'bout).

So today I decide to bug this dude in our company-chatroom and see if drives a subaru, so through PM I ask... and he replies with a No, but that he used to. So after that I just come out and ask if he's ever been known as GeofferyR on any forums... and sure as *************** its the dude! :lol:

Turns out I work with GeofferyR of the USMB... we've shaken hands on several occasions, and as soon as I told him who I was we started chattin' it up. The job is already pretty cool, and now it just got even cooler.

Just had to give a shout out incase he happens to see this.

My Subaru past comes back to "haunt" me! :)

It's good to see you around, Brian.

Like Brian, I am also a recent hire of Wave Broadband, as a tech services rep. I work in the Kirkland call center, obviously. After my brief stint in car sales, I was lured away from that job by an "offer" from Boeing for a $26/hr graveyard shift job. I figured for that much money I couldn't refuse.

Well, the offer was yanked from under me after I had turned in notice at the dealership (which, as those of you who have ever worked car sales before, means you're basically fired anyway)...

So I spent another 6 months unemployed. YAY! Now I'm employed again and working my butt off. :)

Unfortunately, it was not soon enough to save my BRAT, and I was forced to sell it a few months back. You all probably saw it on CL (in fact, I know you did, because someone posted it on here).

*sigh*....

Small world indeed. This is a related incident altho not related to USMB so pardon me while I hi-jack Brian's thread.

My oldest son, Eric is a computer geek who worked for Microsoft at one time with the original tech support group for Win95. Well, during the course of one of his support calls with someone in Wilmington, DE (remember Eric is living in Woodinville, WA and working in Redmond), Eric tells him he used to live there. Long story, short---the person Eric was working with went to school with him in Wilimington and was one of his best friends. Cool world this super technology era we live in.