Ultimate Subaru Message Board

clutch break-in?

I am gonna have one day between the time I finish up my mudwagon (1990 loyale) and the day of our mud bog. Is there any thing I can do to give my clutch a shot at making it through it? I have zero miles on a brand new exedy oem replacement clutch kit (pressure plate, pilot bearing, throw out bearing, clutch plate) that I put in along with a resurfaced flywheel. I swapped the clutch when I put in the D/R 5mt. But I am gonna have 1 day to try to break-in the clutch. I live in the country so I thought I would do 50 gear changes and let it cool for 20 minutes and repeat 10 times. It says 300-500 miles of stop and go driving. but I think 500 gear shifts would be ok because that is what the want, right?No one drives our roads here so no one will get behind me. I have 27" tractor tires so taking it on a long trip is out. They also have a low speed rating of 40 mph or so.

well, i know its a bit late, but Generally your supposed to take it easy on a new clutch, like everything else for about 1k, but i dont know that many people that do. Just dont go balls to the wall with it right out of the gate, drive it easy over there.