Ultimate Subaru Message Board

More EA to EJ wiring questions i can't seem to find

Scooner

I am curious as to how everyone else has there airflow sensor hooked up, I have the wiring diagrams that numbchux set me up with from a 92' legacy but they are different from what the wiring diagram is for a 90' Legacy. Also, i am wondering how everyone has there ignitors set up, and what exactly does this thing do? The grounds for the ECU A10, A11, A21, A22, B1, D14, D15, and D24, D25. Do these need to be grounded to the motor or just grounded (like to the strut tower?) On the engine harness one of the gray plugs is all black grounds, where do they go? Do i need to hook them up to certain things? I am really regretting just tearing this harness apart and getting it so screwed up. And the only code my ecu flashes is a water temp signal wrong code. This car just cranks and cranks, doesn't even try to start, i have fuel, don't think i have spark? But most of all i have a headache haha:confused:

The only real differences in the wirng between 90 and 92 is the connectors at the engine.

MAF, Ignitor, and everything else should be the same.

Ideally, you shouldn't have cut any of those ground wires so they should be grounded by the engine harness.

The grounds at the ECU should already be tied into the engine harness, and should be grounded onto the intake manifold. If in doubt about a ground, first test it for continuity to ground, if it has none, just solder it to the big shiny black wire in the harness, as all pretty much all those black wires tie toghether and ground to hte engine block. there are a couple of shielded wires that may be black, but it's pretty obvious by the web of splicing which the grounds are.

Have you checked that you have power to the yellow wires that power the ignitor, IAC, etc....?

I have power where i need it i think? I've checked and rechecked all of my wires. I annilated that harness!!! haha what the hell was i thinking? Oh well i've pretty much ran new wires to everything. I think i'm gonna run all of my grounds to ground again and not worry about the ones coming out from under the manifold and make sure everything is good, if it is then i am gonna run down to this subaru parts place and pick up another ECU, the guy said he had like 10 of em and sell me one for $50. I remember i accidentaly dropped mine onto the concrete floor when i had it out so maybe, just maybe i broke it? Everything else is hooked up right and my fuel pump even comes on. I was getting really upset but things go even worse when you get super stressed out. Thanks for you help Gloyale you're a true patriot, and when i get this thing running/driving i am gonna post all of my pics!

Alright i was just out there REREREREChecking all of my wiring and all i can come up with is my ECU might be bad? Everything is hooked up perfectly just like it was when i had it draped over the fender so i"ll probably buy that ecu on monday and give that a go. For only $50 i figure i can't go wrong, then after i get this thing running i can start my other FUN projects like installing a lift, installing my disc brakes on the back, and welding up new bumpers and putting on some cool kc type lights. Damn you wiring, damn you forever! :horse: