Ultimate Subaru Message Board

'94 Loyale 5 speed, hesitant acceleration?

Hello! I'm new to the forum and have had my Loyale for almost a year now. She has just over 195,000 miles but I Love it. I get over 28 mpg consistently and handles outstandingly well in MT winters.

I just want some help: it has become very hesitant to accelerate and has trouble topping 60mph going over moderate-to-steep hills. Check engine light has been on since purchase, I just changed spark plugs... leaks oil but I keep her topped off.

Any maintenance ideas or helpful hints? I really want to keep this car for years to come.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

if your looking for maintenance advice, change your fuel filter, clean mass air flow with maf cleaner. the codes will probly be very vauge, unless theres a short somewhere, check on an o2 sensor as well i bet there pretty cheap there only those one wire set ups. the e82 is a gutless wonder anyways so even the smallest issues can give you large drivability problems i would gut the cat too if you live in a state w no emissions good luck