Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Power window regulator part? - UPDATED!

EDIT: Got it fixed thanks to a helpful member here!

My rear power window in the '97 OB has come off the track... meaning I can raise and lower it but have to lift the front of it by hand or it'll raise up crooked and get jammed.

I took the interior of the door off, and found that the little "roller" or bushing that keeps part of the regulator in its track had broken. I fished the half that was left in there out to take some photos:

roller2.jpg

roller4.jpg

Can I find something like this as a discrete part? I'd rather not have to replace the whole assembly for a 99 cent broken part. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Edited by outback_97

Thanks Rooster. Before I posted here, I called local dealer parts, their suggestion was to call some auto glass companies. When I call auto glass companies they have suggested I call Subaru dealers.

I have also tried looking online at auto parts suppliers, no luck so far.

Pick n Pull sounds like it might be the only way I can get one of these, but I was hoping someone had another option. I guess if I could find a cheap broken window regulator with the part intact, that would work too.

Thanks Rooster. Before I posted here, I called local dealer parts, their suggestion was to call some auto glass companies. When I call auto glass companies they have suggested I call Subaru dealers.

I have also tried looking online at auto parts suppliers, no luck so far.

Pick n Pull sounds like it might be the only way I can get one of these, but I was hoping someone had another option. I guess if I could find a cheap broken window regulator with the part intact, that would work too.

I don't think any of the auto glass companies would have a part like that in stock. They sell glass and that is it. Agree with you that a Pick n Pull is the most reasonable place to find that little plastic wheel. It may even be easier to replace the entire window track then just replacing the wheel. Suggest checking out your existing track carefully for damage, because when a wheel like that breaks, it can bend and strain track components.

I bet the dealer would want to sell you the entire track only for big bucks, and that is not a reasonable way to go. Yep, Pick n Pull is prolly your best source. Any Leggie window track from years 95 to 99 should fit your 97. Just be sure to pull parts off the same side rear window as on your car. Good luck to you, and report back your repair progress. It helps us all learn something.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE:

OK, thanks to help from foxgap and my brother in law, my window works again! Rather than trying to fix the regulator that was there, I replaced the whole assembly, kindly sent to me by Mark. My brother in law was in town visiting us and we worked on the window this weekend, works great now.

The regulator from Mark's '96 was very slightly different in design, but everything that mattered was identical, so it bolted right up.

Thanks again USMB and Mark.