Ultimate Subaru Message Board

anybody ever put a 2.5dohc into a 95 impreza 1.8

scrapdaddytatum

i got a 2.2 into the 1.8 now, using intake from 1.8 and wiring, but injectors from 2.2, runs and idles but ahs a stuter every so often, i want to put a 2.5 dohc i have in there but i know i want a knock sensor, i know i can get the ecu, harness section and then use the 2.2 or 2.5 engine harness but i havnt found a 95 impreza with the right combo to get the harness, so i know if i find that im ok, but minus that, is there a way to do this, the 2.2 ecu has a different plug on the ecu and the engine.....any help would be great... also is there any body lightning factory flywheels anymore, skip used to but i dont know if that cats still around....

The 1.8/2.2 intake won't work on the EJ25D or any of the phase-II engines (including the phase-II 2.2). Ports are entirely different. You would have to use the whole engine and swap in it's harness and ECU as well.

GD

You could easily swap the 1.8 wiring harness onto the 2.5 engine. Probably have to swap thorttle bodies though to keep the matching TPS.

As you have pointed out, there would still be the issue of a knock sensor......don't know what to say but sure it could be solved.

so my current plan is,,,,,,2.2 dual ports with roller rockers from siingle ports, onto a phase 1 2.5 dohc block. and some delta cams if i have any money, i know i can make the whole thing run using the 1.8 wiring and ecu, but i know it will run better if i find a 2.2 ecu and harness to use.....