Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Intermittent Wipers 95 Legacy

I know the newer models have replacement module stalks but I got curious because looking on rockauto they have the whole assembly (don't need it) and looking up close they have the turn dial for the front and Intermittent for the rear..

the front is not big deal but it would be nice for the rear instead of having to keep switching by hand..

Has anyone ever tried switching them out?

I know the newer models have replacement module stalks but I got curious because looking on rockauto they have the whole assembly (don't need it) and looking up close they have the turn dial for the front and Intermittent for the rear..

the front is not big deal but it would be nice for the rear instead of having to keep switching by hand..

What year and model car do you have? A lot of the 90's stalks are swappable between model and year. I think the SVX has intermittent rear, but not variable intermittent.

I don't want to run afoul of the rules as I've never switched out stalks, but you can buy intermittent wiper kits online or any reputable electronics store. You solder the parts together and install it in a case of your choice. Has variable delay settings. Should be about $15 or $20 I would think. Guy I used to work with bought one for his Outback though not sure how it turned out since he moved on to another company. I thought about doing it and mounting it in the blank next to my fog light switch.

At least in 90's Subaru's, the intermittent part of the wipers is controlled by the stalk itself, not by some other modulator. I know that in 90's Legacy's the stalk is swappable. However, I don't know if you could swap one from an SVX which has intermittent rear and front wipers (variable front intermittent as well). Although, getting a hold of one from an SVX would probably be more difficult than trying to swap one from an up-model Legacy.