Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Fupkid1s 1988 dl wagon

fupkid1

So i grabbed this 88 dl spfi 4x4 wagon off of my friend who moved to cali.Paid $800 cash and it runs like a champ and everything works.

These are my plans for my ea82 wagon.

They have to be done bye the end of feb. Me and my subbie will be liveing in fairfield ca in march.

plans

1990 montero 6-lugs five wheels in total

spare wagon hub to redrill the rims

New front cv axle

water pump/thermostat

235/75/15 Goodyear wranglers from wal-mart

No lift. I dont mind putting her under the saw

Pics will come tomorrow when i start throwing it together

The 235 75 15s crammed in the dl on the way to my buddys shop to get them mount and balanced

untitled1.jpg

Got them all ready to go

untitled.jpg

Just need to drill the rims out and bolt them up

021111161750.jpg

And this is the monster lightning hideing behind my subie

jonslightning2.jpg

Rims and tires should be mounted up tommarow. Got lazy today

you are going to have a hell of a time getting those to fit, but more power to ya.

just so you know, there is plans on here for a 2" lift that costs no more than 50$ for bolts and steel that is safe, tried and true?

i made and installed mine in about 5-6 hours (just the lift) with a 7 1/2" circular saw with a metal blade and a corded drill. its almost too easy, and it will make those wheels fit and turn much easier. i can nearly go lock to lock with mine, and that is with a decent bit of bashing... and you might not be able to turn that easy.

So i grabbed this 88 dl spfi 4x4 wagon off of my friend who moved to cali.Paid $800 cash and it runs like a champ and everything works.

These are my plans for my ea82 wagon.

They have to be done bye the end of feb. Me and my subbie will be liveing in fairfield ca in march.

plans

1990 montero 6-lugs five wheels in total

spare wagon hub to redrill the rims

New front cv axle

water pump/thermostat

235/75/15 Goodyear wranglers from wal-mart

No lift. I dont mind putting her under the saw

Pics will come tomorrow when i start throwing it together

turkey dawg! :brow:

Ok the 235 75 15s are all on. Almost killed both of my wrists trying to drill the rims out. lol I was able to drill out all of the rims with one 1/2 drill bit and some cutting oil. Cutting and beating the front was easy. Then i got a little carried away cutting the back. I ended up cutting into the car its self. Where the rear windshield washer container is. Ill have to cover the whole back up. and make my cuts look good. Had some random guy on the street tell me it was bad rump roast. And some girl at walmart told me it was awesome and a real chick magnet lol.... Car is mutch slower but i love it. Took it to about 65mph and didnt have any wabbles or shakes.. Will get pics soon

Ok enough waiting. Here she is in all her glory. Need to touch up the paint and fix some of my cutting mistakes. Im going to put a used radiator in it today. Its been running a little warm latley. Also going to add a 2nd stock radiator fan new thermostat and a new waterpump gasket mines leaking.

Before

untitled1123.jpg

After

untitled11-1.jpg

untitled112-1.jpg

Edited by fupkid1
added another pic

Ok enough waiting. Here she is in all her glory. Need to touch up the paint and fix some of my cutting mistakes. Im going to put a used radiator in it today. Its been running a little warm latley. Also going to add a 2nd stock radiator fan new thermostat and a new waterpump gasket mines leaking.

Before

untitled1123.jpg

After

untitled11-1.jpg

untitled112-1.jpg

nice ride:clap: