Ultimate Subaru Message Board

torque specs

Snug, and then a skosh more. Seriously, the torque values are not critical on the parts that bolt to the manifold. Use common sense. The manifold itself should be torqued to 12 ft. lbs.. Chase the threads in the heads and use anti-seize on the bolt threads.

Not crucial for sure but if you don't know roughly how much pressure to use, you can snap some of those little bolts quite easily....I have an intake that is held down with 5 bolts instead of 6 as a result actually (oddly no vac leaks or any issues there!).

The Haynes has all of the torque values at the beginning of each chapter - if you can find one, reference it.

Not sure of your experience level but DO NOT CRANK THINGS ON - EVER. You can always come back and re-tighten the bolt if it's not tight enough, but if you cave-man it on and break it, you will be forced to get familiar with reverse drill bits, cutting oil, vice grips, grinders, welding and various other extraction tools and techniques.

I used to break bolts all the time until I started checking torque values each time and got used to roughly how much pressure each bolt size can take.