Ultimate Subaru Message Board

81 subaru GL wagon

well i got another car but its being finished up and i drive the subaru every now and then but since i live in the MT's i want a little more power but still be able to smog it since im in cal. i was thinking a super charger or something but not sure. this is the first subaru i had and dont know what kinda mods i can do. i been arounds cars my hole life and been working on them for a while but not sure with this one haha

Do a waber carb, change the muffler or exhaust pipe, and bump the timing up a few degrees.

Consider a cam if you can open the case.

you can go into swapping ej22's and ecu's, but the 4spd 4wd is no match for 130 hp ej22, but you can swap in 5 spds

oldschoolers around here have gotten 110 hp with their ea81's with cam and custom exhaust, weber.

search the archives for this info, try' hatch patrol' for search

since i live in the MT's i want a little more power but still be able to smog it since im in cal.
Since you are in Cali, you are ultimately going to want to do an EJ22/5 MT swap or GeneralDisorders SPFI swap. The Weber is not accepted there for smog.