Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Are they worth it? Seems like not if my current cat system is working fine... they're just 49 state legal so they must have somewhat higher flow.. anyone have experience with em, probably just as cheap to have a custom Y setup made and only run one highflow cat.

Honestly, if your current cat is working fine, and not throwing a code. Don't mess with it. You're not going to gain anything noticeable at all with a different cat. And being aftermarket, your chances are high that it will throw a P0420. I deal with that damn code every day.

Honestly, if your current cat is working fine, and not throwing a code. Don't mess with it. You're not going to gain anything noticeable at all with a different cat. And being aftermarket, your chances are high that it will throw a P0420. I deal with that damn code every day.

They benchmarks claim not to throw a code. I dunno about davico. Yeah, probably not gonna see much gain at all. Wish someone would come out with headers for the h6 3.0 that weren't just cat deletes. The 2.5 has em, but i guess it needs them with the header blowout problem it has.

Trying to figure out how to spend my money. I need to find some junkyard steels, but i have been taking care of a sick girlfriend and i haven't felt like visiting the scrap yard for some 5x100 16" steels off of dang near any toyota.. even if the offset is 10mm less and i need a hubcentric ring (they're 38mm offset with 70 something bore). Also VWs run the 16" with i believe also a 38mm offset (higher on some passats) with a 1mm difference in bore with any Jetta, Beetle, GTI, Gulf, anything with the 5x100 bolt pattern. Junk yard better be way cheaper than online, otherwise i'll just get new steel for 50-70$ a pop.

Edited by lesstutrey