Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Can anyone help me reroute two large vacuum hoses off the air cleaner?

I have an 87 gl wagon with an hitachi carb... Just replaced the intake gaskets and having trouble relocating the two large hoses off the driver's side of the air cleaner...

Still can't locate a FSM with the hitachi carb section and my diagram under the hood doesn't clarify these...

I am reconnecting the air cleaner (still. Ant find an ea82 fsm for the carb models) and I have this hose left:

5b5cb016.jpg

I know it comes off of one of the two large pipes on the air cleaner (top of photo). Right now the one shown here is going to the driver side head. It might be switched off the wrong port at the air cleaner, but I can't find where the other stupid port is?

0df642a2.jpg

Any out there can help before I lose light? :/ thanks!

The hose you're holding onto goes on the forward fitting of the aircleaner and hangs down freely.

The hose you now have on the front, should go to the ASV silencer. Follow the metal tube from the underside of the head and you will see the ASV. The silencer should be right there also.

You may have to move the attached hose from the valve cover over to the middle fitting on the aircleaner to attach the hose.

The hose you're holding onto goes on the forward fitting of the aircleaner and hangs down freely.

The hose you now have on the front, should go to the ASV silencer. Follow the metal tube from the underside of the head and you will see the ASV. The silencer should be right there also.

You may have to move the attached hose from the valve cover over to the middle fitting on the aircleaner to attach the hose.

Thanks a lot Tom! Going to go try and get it sorta out in an hour or so when it get light... many thanks! :)