Ultimate Subaru Message Board

84 GL Wagon Muffler

OK, so this is a Bosal muffler, made in Canada, from NAPA. It's the only muffler they list, and it's 1-2" too short from the flange to the muffler, and the rear hanger is wrong.

Anyone have any alternate sources for such a muffler? I already bent the extant muffler back into a cylinder shape, and had a friend tack-weld the burst seam (not very successful), I suppose I can buy some PC-7 Hi-Temp and wing it, but I kinda want a real muffler...

post-33496-136027647876_thumb.jpg

post-33496-136027647881_thumb.jpg

cut out a section and weld in a sleeve to lengthen it. This way you keep a new muffler and new metal. Take it to a ma and pa shop and have them lengthen it with the old muffler to repair to.

bosal is a good make for exhaust gaskets if you ever need them, better than felpro

when I was shopping for a muffler, I couldn't find one for less than $250! F!@$K that! and so...

I'm using a Thrush turbo muffler on mine. cut the hangers from the original muffler, and welded them to the turbo, and hung it up! it's kinda loud, but whatever

when I was shopping for a muffler, I couldn't find one for less than $250! F!@$K that! and so...

I'm using a Thrush turbo muffler on mine. cut the hangers from the original muffler, and welded them to the turbo, and hung it up! it's kinda loud, but whatever

you think thats bad ive forgotten how long ago I had a functioning muffler.