Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Corvallis area people/mechanic.

Hey guys! I it bought my first car about a week ago, it's a 1997 Subaru legacy outback. It's awesome! But I blew almost all my money on the car. It's in great shape, except for a seized rear caliper. I got all the parts I'll need too, but can't work on the car without a decent jack. The one that comes with the car is ok for changing a tire, but I dOnt think it's strong enough to liftthe car for a while while I figure out how to remove the caliper, clean it out, and reinstall it (it's a scissors jack, and the threads are a bit stripped/worn already.) Any suggestions for a mechanic that will let me use a jack or do one of y'all live in corvallis and could maybe loan me one?

Thanks a million!

NT

jack it up and rest it on some blocks or something more sturdy.

if it's not up to the task then go get one. they're not worth anything, i throw them away, so someone will have one cheap and you'll want one that works anyway. you don't want a flat with no jack.

seems easier than peddling for time/jack when it's something you really should have anyway.