Ultimate Subaru Message Board

5mt parts frankensteinification

Ok, car is a 92 Legacy Turbo with a 91 Pull type hyrdraulic clutch.

I want to swap this out for a 90 n/a push type cable trans, I want to use the existing hydro pedal set/c-master, 00 RS slave/clutch/flywheel/fork and move the pivot ball to the other hole. The mounting holes for the slave are not on this trans, but I can fabricate mounting of some sort easy enough.

Anything here not gunna work? Suggestions?

Final drive ratios arent an issue. I'm wanting to go RWD without wrecking my Pull-type turbo 5mt.

Ok, car is a 92 Legacy Turbo with a 91 Pull type hyrdraulic clutch.

I want to swap this out for a 90 n/a push type cable trans, I want to use the existing hydro pedal set/c-master, 00 RS slave/clutch/flywheel/fork and move the pivot ball to the other hole. The mounting holes for the slave are not on this trans, but I can fabricate mounting of some sort easy enough.

Anything here not gunna work? Suggestions?

Final drive ratios arent an issue. I'm wanting to go RWD without wrecking my Pull-type turbo 5mt.

So you're gonna weld the center diff I guess? Should be interesting.

I wanna say the push type slave mounts to a bracket on the engine bell housing, not on the transmission. I'm not 100% positive on that though. Shouldn't be too hard to find pics floating around out there somewhere.

Its not there on this trans unfortunatly, I'm hoping that I can drill and tap what metal is there and brace it with some flat stock to another unused hole near-by. This is just a beater trans setup and not my daily, so I can experiment, I just want to make sure the clutch will work with this tans and fork combo?

Heres my tranny, one of the holes is allready there that the 00 rs slave mounts too, may be able to drill and tap the other hole, space it with washers, and brace it with another hole near it or something if the metal is too thin.

264726_10150284374915027_619590026_9494316_7984443_n.jpg

OO rs slave\/

slavecylinder.jpg&sa=X&ei=NNsDTqupHuPSiAL0nNXKDQ&ved=0CAQQ8wc4Dw&usg=AFQjCNHNWIcVbbHhIyZnIDzEYIFkBsOwtQ