Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New to the forum

Hello all,

I currently own two Subarus. The 94' Legacy L wagon has 287,000 miles on it. The 5M transmission finally failed. After looking for two years I found an 85' gl wagon hilo with 114,000 miles on it. I changed the oil and drove from Kansas City to Padre Island and back with no issues. You've gotta love the subies. The GL now has 120,000 miles on it and is being completey restorated including a new paint job less the timing belt covers. The body on the Legacy is a little rough, but I am thinking of restoring the vehicle...

Edited by nepppen

Welcome to the Forum!

Whats the Legacys background? Did you put those 287k on it?

I own an 1986 GL Sedan with 173k on it... Still running like a charm :)

If you have a photobucket account... You can put pictures of the Scoobs on the forum... Just copy the "IMG code" and put it in the "Reply to Thread"

Welcome aboard though! If you have any questions about the GL, post them in the Older Generation Forum and if you have any questions on the Legacy, post them in the New Generation Forum (of course, use the search feature to make sure noone has asked the same question)

Are you doing the restoration yourself or having a shop do it?