Ultimate Subaru Message Board

green connectors not working along other issues

I searched but nothing related came up.

Car info 92 loyale, 4wd, spfi.

Latest problem is a cel that comes on and goes off, along with engine shaking at idle – warm or cold, when warm hesitates some when starting off from a stop, also hesitates bad when cold anywhere between idle and 3000 rpm.

Last night I read the stored codes and these came up:

11Crank angle sensor or circuit

13Crank angle sensor or circuit

32Oxygen sensor or circuit

I cleared them to see what comes up the next time the cel comes up and decides to disappear in 5 min.

After clearing them I plug in the green connector to see what would come up code wise and noticed the check engine light didn’t flash and the fuel pump didn’t cycle??????? All I got was a ticking coming from the part attached I think to the egr valve thru a vaccum line. Stopped ticking after I disconnected them.

Recently I did the timing belts (yes there correct went over them several times and redid them once) I set the timing with green connectors connected, at least I thought they were connected.

Will this throw the timing that far off to cause the issue I stated above and can I set the timing without them connected and to what degree. I cranked the engine (by hand) to 20 degrees and the rotor is pointing right at cylinder #1 wire.

Thanks for you help

After clearing the codes I drove it for a day and the cel came on and went off like it normally does, got home and read the memory codes and had the same ones.

I replaced the distributor and it seems to have smoothed it out some but not completely (trying to remember what the car actually felt like before all this). I replaced it with one from an automatic car, does that make any difference? Also the green connectors work now :lol:.

I havent had a chance to drive very far to see what codes come up next. Doing the brakes on it now.