Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA81 timing settings and jet numbers

I have a few old Brats all in disarray and I need some basic numbers. I am starting with my 85 with an EA81, it looks the most promising.

What jets are people running in their Weber 32/36's? It comes with a 60 main idle and a 50 secondary idle and I cant get it to run right. It hardly will idle below 1k rpm. Mixing screw at 2.5 out and it runs at 1700 but drives like balls. Around 2500 rpm or when it goes into the primaries it bogs down and takes a while to get over the hump if Im not on a hill. If its a hill it struggles for power to kick over and I start loosing precious speed. My top speed is only 55-60, used to be 75 or so even with my bad carb. Idle speed screw isnt engaged.

Timing... My total timing is at 37.5. Thats what I have at full vacuum advance at 2500rpm on a warm engine. My base is around 11, little high i know but its hard since making it idle low end isnt happening right now.. Where is your at?

I have been messing with both and still fighting it. Compression is ok, no emissions stuff, fuel filters newish.