Ultimate Subaru Message Board

red yellow wire swap on ignition coil connector

so it goes like this, in checking my connection at the coil pack I see some wires are nearly pulled out, so in trying to put the right wire in the right place I look at the other connector and see blue yellow red in that order, oh, this is easy, I'll just match color for color on connector to connector......even though it seemed like the red and yellow were swapped, but that couldn't be, just my eyes playing tricks....what is the correct connection....you might be surprised!

well...the correct answer is what I'm looking for....but I can say that my 97 Legacy has the red and yellow wires swapped, I'm guessing that one wire is voltage, the other two are pulse signals and ground is through the mounting, so as I have my connections color to color on the forester right now, I have not tried turning it over, well not until I get a definitive answer, I doubt it will run. It seems one wire (red would be my guess) is 12 volts, and common to both coils, and the blue goes to one coil and yellow the other

It seems one wire (red would be my guess) is 12 volts, and common to both coils, and the blue goes to one coil and yellow the other

Yellow is the 12v from Ignition relay.

Other 2 are from the Igniter to trigger each coils firing. This is Body side.

*Colors on the actual coil pigtail may be different.