Ultimate Subaru Message Board

my new constant velocity LPG carby fitted

i spent the day in the workshop today...i re-kitted my LPG regulator(which really needed some love) and replaced my EJ carbureted intake manifold with an injected manifold so i could fit my new Constant Velocity LPG mixer.

some pretty pic's

its running ok at the moment altho a bit lean...lol lean is ok on LPG

now i just need install a wideband O2 setup so i can tune it to perfection

post-8938-136027650564_thumb.jpg

post-8938-136027650572_thumb.jpg

post-8938-136027650577_thumb.jpg

post-8938-136027650584_thumb.jpg

post-8938-136027650593_thumb.jpg

how did you get the dizzy?

easy..i live in new zealand....we got alot of JDM DL 1.8 legacys that are carb and dizzy from factory

How easy was that to set up? I've got a rig with 2, 40 year old carbs and a Propane conversion would be a lot easier than trying to make them happy.

fitting propane is literally fitting a complete second fuel system...not hard to do right if you keep in mind that a leak in the finished system would come in the category "Very Uncool"

PM me if you want the high, the low and the 'i shouldn't have done that' points of fitting an LPG conversion

would you mind shipping one here to the states? Of course ill pay for shipping and the part.

i can get a dizzy no problem....what are you going to use as a intake manifold?

a standard EFI intake has no coolant galleries to heat the intake to vapourize the fuel coming from any carb that you use....which means its going run like a sack (talking from experience) as soon as the air temperature changes from what it was when you tuned it...like the next morning.

shipping a dizzy isn't too costly....shipping a manifold is

Does that EJ 18 disty have a optical eye in it?

I need something that can see which cylinder is currently firing for a project...

There are two types of EJ dizzy...the type i use is a 'real' dizzy...springs,flyweights vac advance etc....

there is another type used on the SPFI EJ18 that is an optical type job....it looks like a dizzy cap mounted directly onto the rear of the right hand head