Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA81 rear air shocks?

Mr. Brat

I've got coilovers on the rear of my '81 wagen w/4" lift that are for a '69 El camino. All I had to do is drill out the upper mounting holes a little and I think a couple spacers at the bottom and they bolted right up. Maybe you could look up air shocks for the same application.??

Just looked it up. Monroe part#ma762 air shocks for 69 el camino. Not positive it will work, but might be an option.

Jesse

Edited by jbbvw

i'm sure you already know that EA82's and XT6's had air suspension...not sure how similar they are or if any suspension stuff is interchangeable between the two?

I do know this, I am looking for more of an aftermarket setup that would be easier to come by.

I will look up the el camino setup... I was crossing the ranch shocks over and found that they came up with Jeep. But they want like $800 for after market air struts... But I dont need the struts.

All I am trying to is stop the rump roast end squatting so hard when accelerating, and now I am finding the body rolls hard enough to pop the axle out of the cups on hard corners because of the locked diff.