Ultimate Subaru Message Board

A style pushbar vs. front end protector

I know it comes down to personal preference, but I was looking for some feedback on which type of brushguard I should get. I am looking for something that will allow me to mount some lights because driving in Montana once it starts getting dark is very dangerous with all the wildlife roaming around. I also like to go on dirt roads that lead up to the mountains so the extra light output will be nice. However, I want my soob to look good so thus my question to all of you on which brushguard will better suit my needs. The first option is the classic A style pushbar (long style). I am considering purchasing one from SuperBrat he is willing to ship to me here in Montana. The other option is the front end protector with winch mount which I believe was offered in 1983. There is one on a subaru wagon at the local yard that I can snag. This is what it looks like:

frontendprotectorwithwinchmount.jpg

This is the vehicle the brushguard would be going on...a 1982 Brat DL

sooby.jpg

• 1 month later...
Is the one you're talking about down at A1 Johnson's? I think I remember it on a little EA81. How much do they want for it?

I thought about trying to get it to fit on my EA82, but ended up making something stronger.

The guy said he would take $45 for it. I decided to pass on it because it was dented up and I ended up buying the A style pushbar.

Yeah, I agree...anything we are able to mount on these bumpers will not do much if you hit a deer or antelope at full speed.