Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Disable daytime running lights - 2002 Impreza

I just want to be sure of the procedure to disable the daytime running lights on my 2002 Impreza Outback. I don't have a wiring diagram and there's nothing obvious under the hood. Just the usual relays and fuses.

I found a description on-line for a 2002 Outback, but none for an Impreza. Anybody know if it's the same?

This is what I found:

· How do I disable DRL on my 2002 Subaru Outback?

Disabling DRL on these vehicle is a simple process that requires no tools, but a lot of dexterity.

· First, move the driver's seat all the way back, and tilt the steering wheel all the way up, to give yourself as much room as possible.

· With your back to the floor and your face to the roof of the car, crawl under the steering column (watch your head on the pedals).

· Locate the DRL control module bolted to the underside of the steering wheel column. This module has one black connector and one white connector, and is labeled "UNT DRL ASSY AISIN 84067AE00A".

· Disconnect the white connector by depressing the locking tab and pulling the connector out of the module.

I always found it easiest to unplug the voltage reduction box in the engine bay.

In the engine bay, mounted on the passenger strut tower, you will see a metal box about 3 in long. It has a harness plug going to it. Unplug that and it should disable the DRL. I like it because it takes less than a min and is reversible.