Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EJ ECU wiring... does this make sense?

xbeerd

ok, so my swap is from an originally automatic vehicle. ('00 outback, which any one reading this probably knows already from past threads etc)

i've previously mentioned that i get 2 codes related to automatic transmissions. 1722 and 1116. which i figured ok, so that makes sense coming from a AT car to a car which is no longer AT.

HOWEVER.

looking at the wiring diagrams in the FSM ('00 legacy) for the AT diagnosis wire (which i assume is what tells the ECU its an auto vs a MT)from the ECU, it only connects from the ECU to the tranny controller and no other splices. so, with the removal of the tranny controller, the ECU should be thinking its a MT, so why would i still get these codes relating to the AT?? (i wrote down the differences at home, will try to post later)

there were a few differnces in the pinouts from the AT and MT ECU diagrams but it was relating primarily to the manifold pressure sensor and a couple signal wires. you think the ecu seeing these readings on a certain pin might keep it in AT mode?

the codes go away when i clear them and dont return for a while but eventually return.

i dont have the AT diagnosis wire grounded or anything, should that be grouned or just left free?

Edited by xbeerd

There are some on ebay for around $50. And if it doesn't fix the problem, throw it back on eBay. :D

haha thats a good idea. they should just swap right in no?

looks like they are mostly dohc ecu's :(

Edited by xbeerd